Are you looking for the best online Course platforms to power your business and support your students?
Online courses are a great way to monetize your subscribers and help them benefit from your knowledge.
Online course platforms/e-learning platforms are growing fast, especially after the advent of Covid-19.
Why not tap into this vast market of online course creation dominated by course creators and sell online courses?
If you have experience in any field and want to share your knowledge with the world, all that you need to get started is an online learning platform.
These online course/education software let you:
- Create an online course for free or paid.
- Price your course and collect payments (either one-time or in subscription).
- Create membership communities and webinars.
- Create video lessons with multiple video sources (self-hosted, YouTube, Vimeo, Embedded Video)
- Engage with your students, and add quizzes and assignments.
- Market your course to build your online presence.
- Create teacher profiles and panels
- Allow you to manage your lesson
Many people are becoming interested in online learning for both learning and teaching purposes.
Luckily there are many free online course sites and LMS platforms that offer the opportunity to create and sell online courses.
This is fantastic news for online instructors, trainers, and aspiring tutors. But the struggle of choosing the best online course platforms out of the many options out there is real.
To help make this process easier, we came up with a list of the top course platforms analyzed by type and category that you can use to offer high-quality learning experiences.
Want to jump right to the best options? The best online course platforms/ websites are Thinkific, Learnworlds, and Teachable.
Note: No worries if you are brand new to all this and don’t even have a blog yet. Here’s a killer article that will show you how to start a blog: an easy, free step-by-step guide.
What Are the Best Online Course Platforms?
Here are my top picks for the best online course platforms to use this year.
The Best Online Course Platform (Free or $49/month).
Thinkific’s mission is to power your education empire. It provides a genuinely full-featured software solution to help you create, deliver, market, and sell online courses.
It is a platform with a robust set of user-friendly features, email marketing tools, membership site integration for your lessons, and excellent 24/7 customer support.
By hooking up with your email provider, you can send highly targeted campaigns to the right segments of your audience at the right time.
They are my #1 choice because they are indeed the only platform you need to create and sell your courses.
This tool is an all-in-one solution that is extremely easy to use and navigate, even for complete beginners. It allows you to customize your course to match your existing brand.
The cloud-based online course builder also lets you manage your clients, course materials, integrations, payments, and more from the user-friendly dashboard.
You can easily integrate Thinkific with over 1,500 apps by using Zapier without the need for a WordPress plugin.
Thinkific does not charge any transaction fees on its plans, free or paid. The only transaction fees you have to worry about are those set by your payment processor (like PayPal).
If you’re just starting, the Basic Plan should be sufficient, and you can scale up to the more expensive plans as you grow your business.
Their free plan has its limitations, but it’s a great place to begin if you don’t want to buy anything just yet.
Thinkific is an excellent choice as a complete platform for online course creation.
- WHITE RABLE CAPABILITIES -You can white-label your course materials for a more professional look.
- KNOWLEDGE BASE -Every time you have a question, You will be able to find an answer right away.
- BUILD YOUR COURSES -Easily create and customize courses to match your brand.
- DESIGN YOUR SITE -Build and design a website to effectively sell your courses.
- MARKET & SELL -Market and sell your courses with a full suite of business tools.
- SUPPORT YOUR STUDENTS -Engage and enrich your students on a platform designed for their success.
- SECURITY -Secure cloud hosting & daily backups.
- DRAG AND DROP -Easily organize web content using this feature.
- COURSE EXPIRY -This tool lets you set an expiry date and time for each course.
- GOOGLE AND FACEBOOK Ads -The platform supports Google and Facebook advertising and more.
- TRACKING -Thinkific offers advanced tools for effective reporting and tracking.
- Comprehensive student engagement tools
- Provides certificates of completion
- Marketing tools available
- Includes integrations
- Telephone support for all plans above Basic
- Access to comprehensive help center
- Offers free online training courses (free and premium)
- Provides complete access to HTML and CSS
- Easy management and support for learners
- Supports more than 30 languages
- Robust marketing features for automation
- Free plan to start
- Affiliate Marketing support for instructors
- Offers multiple site themes and a powerful page builder.
- There is inbuilt support for more advanced quiz elements as well as assignments.
- Create a standalone community area for learners.
- Powerful and flexible course compliance features.
- You can bulk sell courses and easily manage students in a cohort.
- Beginner-friendly plans with zero transaction fees.
- You can create as many courses as you desire on all the plans, including the free plan.
- Thinkific allows you to get paid directly via PayPal or Stripe.
- Marketing and sales can be improved to allow for the creation of funnels.
- You can’t do live office hours or workshops.
- Free Plan – $0/month (billed annually).
- Basic Plan – $39/month (billed annually).
- Pro + Growth Plan – $79/month (billed annually).
- Premier Plan – $399/month (billed annually).
Get started with your Thinkific plan and get a Growth Package.
Best Online Course Platform for Interactive Learning ($24/month)
LearnWorlds is another premium online course platform for teachers and students with a strong focus on delivering an interactive learning experience.
It provides professionals and entrepreneurs with a solution that best meets their specific needs through its cloud-based e-learning platform.
LearnWorlds also offers beautiful templates, a built-in- social community, a modular page builder, and advanced analytics for designing a comprehensive online learning experience.
Templates often include interactive videos, interactive ebooks, downloadable attachments, online tests, and other interactive elements that make your course more engaging for your students.
You can add interactive videos with pop-up texts and quizzes, there is a social learning/community, and even interactive eBooks (with note-taking) to add to your course.
Your students also benefit from this customized approach.
When taking your course, they can take notes, highlight important points, and get certificates of completion.
You can use a custom domain and white-label your content for marketing your course.
Apart from being the best online course platform, LearnWorlds has a powerful page builder that allows you to create beautiful sales pages and other pages for your course website.
It is a great online course builder and my overall #2 choice.
It’s best for a course creator looking for an interactive course experience and student engagement.
If you’re looking for a free online course option, Learnworlds is not for you.
- Interactive Video Player and Reader: With a click of a button, extract and show the video transcript, add hotspots and questions, add titles and images. This is one of the most unique features of this platform is giving you the ability to let your students interact with the content you create.
- A customizable, beautiful course player: Simple, flexible, powerful studying for your students.
- Powerful Page Builder: Fully customizable quick-start templates to help you create fantastic pages.
- A sophisticated testing engine: Offer graded or ungraded, formal or informal, close or open type questionnaires.
- Customized notifications: It allows you to use its personalized “welcome” and course completion emails, which you can send to your students based on enrollment, course status, and a dozen other filters.
- Powerful marketing tools: All the tools for getting more customers, revenues, and repeated sales.
- Multilingual Support: LearnWorlds offers customer support in various languages.
- Integrate with your favorite tools: Connect your school with virtual infinite marketing and affiliate tools and increase sales.
- Assessment Engine: Advanced quizzes, exams, assignments, and more.
- Actionable analytics at your fingertips: Get insights, optimize your sales process, improve your teaching.
- A built-in Social Media Network: You and all of your students can easily connect and communicate with each other,r without the need for Facebook groups.
- LearnWorlds Academy: The best place to start learning about monetizing your knowledge and teaching online.
- Knowledge base: 400+ articles explaining how to optimize your LearnWorlds school.
- Interactive eBooks, where learners can make notes while they’re reading.
- Adaptive Content and Appearance for different segments and devices: Embrace adaptive design by creating sections and widgets that appear only to specific user segments or devices.
- Robust course assessments, Test student knowledge, including quizzes, assignments, and exams.
- Create multiple versions of your school with Site Flavors: Create an alternative flavor of your school site with just a few mouse clicks.
- Complete course catalog: LearnWorlds offers a comprehensive school experience with a ready-made course catalog.
- An automated newspaper feature, make communication relevant and share article headlines, social posts, etc.
- Sell your course with a sales page builder that is easy to use and has hundreds of quick-start templates on every plan.
- Your own Mobile App. With LearnWorlds, you can create a mobile app for your school. Interact on mobile and get in front of new potential customers in Google Play and Apple App Store.
- Easy customizations
- Supports learning tools like quizzes, certificates, course compliance, etc.
- Ability to build a blog natively
- The course player has a clean, modern design.
- Copyright protection for content
- Allows you to edit your videos on the fly and add interactive elements inside them.
- Offering a free course is possible.
- Provides a robust online community builder.
- Pre-ready course catalog available
- Allows you to create a blog natively.
- Affiliate Marketing support for instructors
- Beginner-friendly pricing.
- Allows for interactive video content
- It has a short help on sales funnels.
- The course builder isn’t very flexible and doesn’t support bulk uploading.
- It doesn’t offer a native mobile app.
- It has fundamental course reporting tools.
- Starter $24/month (billed annually).
- Pro Trainer $79/month (billed annually).
- Learning Center $249/month (billed annually).
Get a free 30-day trial at my link below and start building your online community.
Best Online Course Platform for Beginners ($0-$249/mo)
The Teachable team has created a virtual course platform that enables you to offer online courses “on your website and control your branding, student data, and pricing all from one place.”
It is also one of the most affordable to build your course on today. You can customize themes, pages, and email content.
You can also add custom code sections for any advanced coding requirement.
Teachable is easy to build smaller courses and more advanced / longer online training and membership sites.
Apart from creative courses, Teachable also lets you create a “Coaching” product that allows you to run your one-on-one or group coaching program easily.
You can also leverage the individual course compliance tools to enforce lecture completion and set mandatory pre-requisites for your students to enroll or progress through your course, such as minimum quiz scores.
Teachable has also recently added “Discover,” an online course storefront on their platforms. If your course got featured, it might be a great way to increase sales.
There’s also an in-house payment processor to handle payments for you.
Teachable is my #3 choice for course sites.
By creating an account, you’re joining 22,000 other instructors creating an excellent online course platform for their students.
- Own payment processor: They might be the only one that does that; there are the transaction fees (just like other payment processors).
- Import Content: Quickly import content from Google Drive, One-drive, and Dropbox into your learning management systems.
- Affiliate program: Letting others sell your course (while you sit back?)
- Course Certificates: Issue certificates to students who complete your course.
- Video hosting: You can upload your course videos directly.
- Multi-Media Lectures: Create engaging lessons with video content, text, audio, and PDF files.
- Teachable Discover: A marketplace where they help their client sell their courses.
- Integrate Google Forms: Use Google Forms to get feedback from your students.
- Convenient Payment: Accept payment from students in over 130 currencies.
- Clean design
- It offers a domain you can customize
- Offers advanced coding options
- One-click checkout process
- Sales funnel capabilities
- Reliable technical and customer support via email and live chat
- Marketing tools
- Powerful tracking and reporting, including Google analytics
- 100+ third-party app integrations
- Affiliate Marketing support for instructors
- Comprehensive knowledge base
- Student engagement tools available
- Drip content is available.
- You can bundle and cross-sell courses.
- Site, page, and blog building feature is available.
- Offers learning tools like graded quizzes, content dripping, certificates, course content, etc.
- Ability to create and manage online coaching.
- Has an iOS App.
- Handles EU Digital Goods VAT Tax.
- No video quota- You can create an entire course in just slide shares and other visuals.
- Connect course with your website or build new pages in Teachable.
- 30-day delay on payout on the Basic plan. (You can upgrade to decrease that time.)
- No course accreditation
- Limited site themes (just one)
- There aren’t enough integrations like Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Lack of enough learning elements like course portfolios and projects
- Basic plan $29/month 5% transaction fees (billed annually).
- Pro plan $99/month zero transaction fees (billed annually).
- Business plan $249/month zero transaction fees (billed annually).
Get started with your Teachable plan and get a premium course creation bundle.
Best High-End Online Course Creation Software for Professionals ($119/month)
Kajabi describes itself as “the one system you need to market, sell, and deliver your knowledge online.”
Kajabi is one of the best online course sites for in-depth courses.
Along with courses, you’re able to sell memberships, training portals, file downloads, and pretty much any other digital product you can come up with.
It features powerful course site themes, robust email marketing automation, upsells and digital products, a customizable checkout, and blogging functionality.
The platform is a complete cloud-based system and has multiple customizable site themes that you can use to create beautiful and unique courses for online learning.
You can use it to build your website and create blog posts to reach more customers through SEO and content marketing.
What makes Kajabi stand out from the crowd is its marketing automation tools and Pipelines feature, both of which are excellent.
You can use Pipelines to connect your landing pages with your checkout pages seamlessly to reduce the number of steps your customers have to take to close the sale and maximize conversion rates.
The sales pipeline builder also allows you to quickly launch your product, do webinars, or make sales.
It also has inbuilt capabilities for email marketing automation, which allows you to follow up with your leads or send them automated sales emails.
Kajabi has Wistia (one of the best streaming video platforms) – standard integrated for your videos. This is all included in the price, considering Wista pro costs $99, which is excellent.
Finally, it offers powerful features like iOS/Android mobile app, community, assessments (quizzes and assignments), learning paths, etc. This will help you create a great learning experience for your members.
If you’re an established business and want to try one of the more advanced platforms on the market, Kajabi is a solid choice.
- A powerful in-built email marketing software.
- Create an engaging course with video, PDFs digital products.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor allows you to build good-looking pages with no coding skills, including creating all kinds of funnels: lead magnet funnels, product launch funnels, and webinar funnels.
- Memberships, quizzes, and assignments.
- WordPress-like CMS for creating your blog.
- Using their page builder, you can create as many pages as you like for your static site.
- Simple payment cart included and integration with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal.
- Excellent (24X7) customer support via email and live chat.
- Great usability.
- Has inbuilt sales pipeline builder and marketing automation tools.
- Reporting or analytics.
- 500+ third-party app integrations.
- Comprehensive knowledge base.
- Allows you to create an entire website as well as run a blog.
- Student engagement tools.
- Has an iOS/Android mobile app.
- Drip content is available.
- Offers powerful engagement tools like Community, Assessments, learning paths.
- Can bundle and cross-sell courses.
- Well-designed themes and a lot of customization options.
- Affiliate program available.
- It doesn’t allow you to create certificates natively.
- No corporate sales option
- Expensive compared to that of its competitors.
- Blogging functionality lacks flexibility.
- The basic plan starts at $119/month (billed annually).
- The growth plan starts at $159/month (billed annually).
- The Pro plan starts at $319/month (billed annually).
Start your free 14-day trial.
Best All-In-One Online Course Platform for Memberships, Webinars, and Downloads ($39/month)
Podia started as “WithCoach” and a platform aimed primarily at coaches.
This is an easy-to-use platform for selling courses.
There are no transaction fees.
Podia offers everything you need to sell online courses, downloads, webinars, and memberships.
Podia includes payment processing, bundles, coupons, affiliate marketing, and email marketing.
Podia lets you build sales pages for your products, add an about page, a contact page, or any other page you’d like your visitors to see when it comes to website creation.
Podia’s built-in email marketing tools are pretty great too. You can send newsletters, set up drip campaigns, and grow your list.
Podia also lets you host webinars – either live or on-demand. You can sell these webinars or provide them for free to build your customer email list.
Another excellent feature is the ability to run your affiliate program inside of Podia.
You can view all of your affiliates in one place, view helpful reporting, and make payouts based on your customized commission structure.
In addition to your course, you can sell digital downloads – like ebooks, audio files, cheat sheets, and assessments – separately as digital downloads.
You can also set up your private membership site to build and connect with your community and sell access through various membership plans.
A final feature worth mentioning is the Live Chat.
With Podia, everything you need is at your fingertips, and the live chat widget they offer is a unique differentiator.
- Setup your website: Start by adding your info, connecting your favorite apps, and choosing your custom URL.
- Combine Courses: This software lets you combine similar courses.
- Free migration: Move your content from wherever it’s hosted or saved.
- Digital Downloads: Easy downloads of PDFs, checklists, ebooks, and more.
- Email List Marketing: Podia has powerful built-in features like email marketing automation. Plus, chat in real-time with your customers using our messaging feature.
- Podia uses Wistia: This offers unlimited video hosting as part of your subscription.
- Multimedia Courses: Include video, audio, PDF, images, text, etc., in your courses.
- Support via email, chat 24/7
- Easily customizable to match your brand
- Offers training courses (free and premium)
- Live previews for your courses
- Includes integrations
- Create individual posts for students to increase student engagement
- Integrate with various tools and services
- Marketing tools available
- Migration from other course platforms at no cost
- Provides certificates of completion
- Can create multiple courses
- Offers drip content
- Offers downloads
- Can create quizzes
- Comprehensive student engagement tools
- Selling tools like coupons, upsells, affiliates, and more
- Comprehensive knowledge base
- Handles EU VAT / digital taxes
- Easily accept payments through Stripe or PayPal.
- Limited customization for email design
- No free plan
- Doesn’t offer a mobile app.
- Course builder lacks flexibility and doesn’t support cloud import.
- Mover plan $39/month. (billed annually).
- Shaker plan $79/month. (billed annually).
You can sign up and give it a test run with a free 14-day trial.
The Simple Online Course Platform ($74.75/month)
Ruzuku is intended to support online courses or group programs.
Ruzuku allows you to create a step-by-step online course with their learning platform, PDFs, and text in minutes.
It is often used by professionals and companies that offer courses in arts and design, craft, health, start-up, personal development, job skills, etc.
Course management is quick and easy, and virtually any multimedia file can be downloaded for sale to your customers.
You can quickly create course outlines, edit and reorder your steps with ease, launch your course, and generate sales in no time.
Help your students track their accomplishments throughout the course and encourage them to speak with other students in the community.
You can easily integrate MailChimp and receive automated emails.
In addition to Stripe and PayPal integration, their platform offers unlimited courses to unlimited students on all paid plans.
Finally, the Ruzuku system provides daily backups, conference calls, and support options via phone, email, live chat, and social networking.
- Live (scheduled calendar-based) courses with automatic email notifications.
- On-Demand (Evergreen) courses with drip content.
- Open Access (aka Self-Directed) courses
- Copy a previous course and run it again
- Daily backups
- Host video broadcasts with slides, group chat, and automatic recording
- Host teleconferences with slides, group chat, and automatic recording
- General course-wide Q&A and forum
- Students can post images, PDFs, and videos in their responses
- Discussion questions/prompts for specific activities/content
- Easy learning curve.
- Connect with your audience.
- Add video content with ease.
- 5 Steps to Your Online Course.
- Accept payments through Stripe or Paypal.
- Host webinars.
- Subscriptions for any course type.
- Review student course progress.
- Global Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- No transaction fees.
- Offer multiple price points for each course.
- Share ideas and find course partners.
- The hassle of canceling.
- They’re not free.
- Certifications and some quiz options are paid add-ons.
- Limited design customization.
- Limited marketing options.
- University STARTING AT$125 /month (billed annually).
- Up-and-Comer$83.08 /month (billed annually).
- Bootstrapper $74.75 /month (billed annually).
With a 14-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can get started.
7. Academy of Mine.
Great Online Course Platform for Businesses ($499/month)
Academy Of Mine is an enterprise course platform founded on personalized customer success and customization theory.
It empowers you to create and sell your courses in professional training, continuing education, and certification.
With this platform, you can customize existing features or build new features via API.
It has inbuilt support for Certificates, Gamification, Discussion Forums, GradeBook, etc. These features can be handy for boosting your student engagement.
You get everything you need to create courses, including the ability to offer quizzes and assignments, integrated e-commerce functionality, and integrated with your marketing site.
It also comes with SCORM compliance, allows for API and developer access, and a plethora of unique user functionality.
You can craft interactive content with PPT, PDF, video, and more.
It’s ideal for academics, large enterprises, public administrations, and small/medium businesses interested in offering training and certifications.
Personalization and customization are at the heart of its strategy.
Academy of Mine Features:
- Custom domain name: Set up a domain name for your platform to complete the branding process and make the LMS (learning management system) your own.
- Integrated Website: Get a new fully integrated site or connect your own.
- Interactive Content: Engage students with interactive video, PDF, and PPT content.
- Group Onboarding: Group Onboarding allows you to onboard organizations (internal or external) and delegate the student management to representatives.
- Self-Paced Courses: Learners can complete courses at their own pace.
- Storage: Use up to 5TB of storage to build out your courses and website with the ability to grow beyond if needed.
- 3rd-Party Integrations: Academy of Mine software integrates easily with other tools.
- Detailed Audit Logs of activity: Show various system and user activity logs, including the last login, create/update/delete events, and various other similar records.
Academy of Mine Pros:
- It supports SCORM and xAPI compliance.
- Custom payment gateways
- Bulk import and export data
- Its support team is very responsive.
- Integrated eCommerce
- Live webinars
- It comes with a flexible website builder.
- Gamification for higher student engagement
- Certificate awards for course completion
- Custom-built solutions for different needs
- Easy integration with other marketing tools
- Unlimited users and courses
- Quizzes and assignments
- Secure dedicated servers and hosting
- Custom user fields
- Group onboarding
- Advanced reporting
Academy of Mine Cons:
- It needs a lot of work to customize the site.
- It only offers a few video guides to help you learn how to work with the platform.
- Its price is very high.
Academy of Mine Pricing:
Starting at $9,997/year
Get started today with their 30-day free trial.
Try Academy of Mine Pricing
Best Live Virtual Online Classrooms ($27/month)
WizIQ is a cloud-based online live class platform for real-time self-paced training using your custom-branded domain.
It delivers live and on-demand webinars, and it’s a prevalent tool amongst online course creators who prefer live training and coaching.
They provide the latest tools for live training such as discussion boards, video streaming, mobile options, eCommerce, assessments, and analytics.
It gives you the ability to use your branding in all your course materials.
It also allows you to launch self-paced courses for your students.
Over 400,000 instructors have leveraged WizIQ to teach over 4 million students virtual classes across 200 countries.
This fantastic tool can help you replicate a physical classroom learning management experience online.
It’s ideal for enterprise employees, individual teachers, trainers, colleges, universities, tutoring, and Test-Prep companies.
- Virtual Classroom: Deliver live learning with unlimited participants with HD video conferencing, an online whiteboard, and real-time messaging.
- Course Builder: Upload content in any format and create interactive self-paced eLearning courses within minutes.
- Tests and Assessments: Create multimedia tests and assessments online in 9 different formats.
- Reports and Analytics: Keep track of your teaching performance and your learners’ progress with class and course-related analytics.
- Mobile Learning: Let your learners access your eLearning content on the go with a WizIQ mobile and tablet application for Android and iOS devices.
- LMS eCommerce: Sell instructor-led and self-paced courses integrated into your learning portal with a payment gateway.
- Course Assessments: Create multimedia tests and assessments in different formats.
- It offers e-learning reporting and analytics.
- Real-time messaging for unlimited participants.
- It provides the opportunity to teach in a virtual classroom.
- Customizable learning management system portals.
- It has a mobile app (mLearning) available on Apple and Android.
- Train external stakeholders, partners, or promoters.
- It comes with course authoring with test and assessment capabilities.
- Discussion boards for accessible communication.
- It has eCommerce features.
- It offers a white label option.
- Video streaming.
- Its customer support representatives are difficult to reach after setup (based on online reviews).
- It does not support SCORM or TinCan.
- There are no gamification options.
WizIQ pricing starts from $25/month (billed annually). Pricing varies depending on rooms and attendees, and the number of registered users for their:
- Virtual Classroom (Professional & Enterprise, or Pay-Per-Use plans), and
- LMS (Elite and Infinite Plans).
You can get started with their 14-day free trial.
Teachery is one of the newest online course platforms on my comparison, and it’s worth including.
Their most considerable differentiation from other platforms is they are extremely beginner-friendly and help novice course creators get something up to sell to their audience.
They also don’t have transaction fees, and you can upload unlimited files to your courses.
Teachery is for any online entrepreneur with expertise who wants to build a course simply and easily.
They have a mini-Course Outline process to help you jumpstart your course structure.
They give you unlimited courses and students. Where other platforms restrict or penalize you for having many students, Teachery doesn’t. This is huge if you have a large enrollment or plan to grow.
The customer service reps and the documentation on the website are far more friendly and down to earth than what you would find on a typical technology company’s website.
- Simple Templates: They give you two templates to create a course. This is to limit overwhelm and give you a simple solution.
- Easy to Use Course Editor: They have a user-friendly course editor to quickly adjust things you need without tech headaches.
- Payment Plans and Membership: This allows you to easily input a payment plan or membership option for your students.
- Sales and Landing Pages: This allows you to easily create new sales or landing pages to drive traffic to.
- Focused on Beginners
- No extra transaction fees
- Unlimited everything
- Simplicity over advanced functionality
- Drip email sequences
- Many integrations
- Less advanced features
- No mobile app
- Monthly Plan – $49 per month.
- Yearly Plan – $470 per year.
You can get started with their 14-day free trial.
Kartra is a fantastic all-in-one marketing platform to run your online business. With advanced automation, it cuts out many hours of daily work while earning you effortless money around the clock. Kartra helps you sell digital and physical products while taking advantage of marketing automation, landing pages, funnels, email marketing, tagging, and segmentation.
Some benefits of building an online course with Kartra :
1. All in one account
I recommend using Kartra to host online courses because it does more than just host your online course. This will allow you to do all marketing and sell your online course.
2. Saves You Time & Tech Headaches
This brings me to the second reason: this will save you a lot of time – and eliminate a lot of tech headaches. Instead, you can focus on scaling your business rather than spending your time worrying about connecting all these different software.
3. Saves You Money
Not only is this going to save you the time and stress of worrying about connecting all the different software, but this is also actually going to save you money from the costs of all those separate software platforms you used to have to buy.
4. Easy to Use & Flexible
Incredibly, Kartra gives you quite a few options for how our course will look. Also, you have a lot more flexibility within the course lesson builder.
5. Advanced Features
Another reason I recommend using Kartra to host online courses is that it is easy to add on more advanced features. For instance, you can create an affiliate program for your course.
6. Cloud Software
Kartra is pure cloud-based software. All you need is an internet connection to use it via your favorite web browser. You’ll always have the latest version and have nothing to download, ever.
7. Geared to both beginners and seasoned users.
New users will appreciate the intuitive experience based on drag-and-drop interfaces and pre-made templates that will significantly speed up the learning curve.
- Memberships: It delivers your content, course, or training material with its professionally designed, drag-and-drop membership portal builder.
- Checkouts: Sell goods and services online through our secure and gorgeous checkout forms for credit card and Paypal payments.
- Pages: A simple drag-and-drop page builder with hundreds of professionally designed templates. Ultimate flexibility and 100% mobile optimized.
- Leads: A fantastic way to build your leads, prospects, and customers database. You can even organize them in groups via lists and custom tags.
- Funnels & Campaigns: Funnel to convert visitors into leads, leads into customers, and customers into recurrent clients!
- Mail: Engage with your user base through creating live or automated email/SMS marketing campaigns.
- Videos: You can inject lead capture forms, pop offers mid-way through your video, and much more.
- Forms: Create custom fields with powerful tagging and automation rules using their gorgeous lead capture form.
- Integrations & API: Program your custom add-ons.
- Agency: Manage all customer accounts from one centralized dashboard!
- A lot of features all in one place
- Kartra Academy shows you everything before you start
- The platform itself is easy to navigate
- There are hundreds of pre-built templates
- You can find a Lot of explanatory and support videos on the internet
- There is a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Course hosting capability
- Several done-for-you campaigns
- Katra is one of the best membership platforms
- It has a Marketplace
- You can automatically tag your buyers
- Set Upsells and order bumps
- Sometimes the drag and drop builders can slow
- It might feel expensive
- There is no evergreen webinar feature (unless via integrations)
- You can only sell ten products on the ‘starter’ level
- There is a slight learning curve for everything the platform has to offer
- Starter- $79/month (billed annually).
- Silver- $149/month (billed annually).
- Gold- $229/month (billed annually).
- Platinum- $379/month (billed annually).
Get started with Kartra
Builderall is an excellent all-inclusive web design and digital marketing platform that will enable you to create and grow an online business. It’s a course builder, website builder, app builder, and digital marketing platform integrated into a single product.
Whether you are an entrepreneur, a startup or small business, just beginning a business venture, or a company looking to grow on a global scale, Builderall has the tools you need for online success.
With Builderall, you can easily access hundreds of different apps and helpful builders for your business.
Instead of purchasing each tool that you need to run a successful online business separately, Builderall offers all the features you need in one easy-to-access place.
You can sell online courses from your website built on Builderall.
Also, Builderall is a cloud-based system; this means you don’t need to install or download anything onto your laptop or computer.
- Drag and drop Website Builder with hundreds of features
- A complete Graphic Funnel Builder
- Vídeo hosting tool for membership websites and e-learning system
- An unlimited Email Marketing
- A CRM and automation system
- A SiteBot and Chatbot
- A Booking Calendar
- A checkout system with dozens of payment gateway integrations
- 1 tier or multi-tier affiliate program
- A Magazine builder, Blog Builder, and Chat Builder
- An image editor and Mockup
- A Vídeo Wrapper
- A browser Notifications
- It comes with over 30 integrated tools, saving you plenty of time and money from buying many separate tools.
- Offers a $1 trial with unlimited access to all its features.
- It is an affordable alternative compared to Kartra.
- A considerable knowledge base and hundreds of Vídeo tutorials to show you how to create an online course.
- It’s actively updated with new tools and features.
- It includes a very lucrative affiliate program.
- Excellent connections to other external websites and apps.
- Easy synchronization with other online marketing tools is useful if you want to keep using some of your other software.
- There are various support options.
- The web hosting fee is included in every plan.
- A Chat and ticket support
- Too many tools might be overwhelming for beginners.
- The interface, as well as the tools, should look more professional.
- Sometimes features don’t work as intended.
- Builder- $29.90/month (billed annually).
- Premium- $69.90/month (billed annually).
- Funnel Club – $99.90/month (billed annually).
Systeme.io is an all-in-one tool to build, market, conduct online courses, and sell your products online. Bloggers, schools, startups can use it, and most importantly, already operating businesses to deliver knowledge to their audience.
Systeme lets you:
1. Set up the content of your online course on a landing page (including videos, images, text)
2. Design the enrollment landing page to register and pay for the course.
3. Manage your course and communicate with your students via emails or automated newsletters.
Who is Systeme designed for?
- Individuals/companies who want to build a business by selling online courses
- Businesses and bloggers who want to introduce education as their marketing channel
The platform helps you create product pages for your courses and control your clients. It also helps in creating sales funnels and email marketing promotions. It also manages subscription platforms, websites, partner programs, webinars, and workflows.
- Online Courses: Build your online course site and manage your students in minutes without technical knowledge. Easily control access to your membership sites.
- Blogging: Easily create your website using proven templates and a simple interface. Create breathtaking content, and you will get more traffic.
- Sell Products: Sell your products or become a dropshipper.
- Sales Funnels: Create funnels easily based on unique templates. Funnel builder makes everything super simple and easy to do.
- Email Marketing: Create email campaigns and send unlimited emails. Your email list is integrated into your websites and sales funnels, saving you a lot of time.
- Website Builder: Easily set up your website in minutes.
- Affiliate Program: Create an affiliate program and automate affiliate payouts. You will manage your affiliate links and payouts all in the same place.
- Business Automation: Your business will grow faster with minimal effort with everything you need in the same place. Save time and energy by automating your marketing and business as well.
- Webinars: Run evergreen webinars to grow your audience and make more sales.
- Allows you to create a membership website without coding to reach a broad audience.
- Creat courses and teach your students effectively and efficiently.
- You can build a sales funnel.
- Structure your online courses efficiently and earn money from them.
- It is straightforward to communicate with your students on your website.
- Automate your business, thanks to marketing automation features.
- Uses quick, easy-to-use software. It has a friendly interface, which is suitable for newbies.
- It gives you partner pages, personalized domains, and affiliate marketing programs.
- Limited design flexibility is offered compared to Builderall.
- It doesn’t have integration with external tools and services.
- There is a learning curve to use all the features effectively.
- Any tracking code goes into one bracket, challenging and confusing for all produced sales funnels.
- Free – $0/month (billed annually).
- Startup – $27/month (billed annually).
- Webinar – $47/month (billed annually).
- Enterprise – $97/month (billed annually).
13. Course Cats
Course cats is a WordPress-based e-learning platform that helps course creators build a website, grow an audience, and sell online courses.
Course Cats makes it super easy to get your course website up on WordPress without needing a web developer or a graphic designer.
It’s one of many platforms that aim to help educators generate income online. Course cats have tried to make it easy for beginners with no coding skills with their WordPress theme. They even have a concierge service to set up a professional-looking demo site for you. The service takes care of all the technical aspects like connecting a domain, installing the WordPress theme, and much more.
Course Cats Features:
- Landing Pages: This is an opportunity to create a stand-alone page to help you list-build or sell a single course or product.
- Video Series: Use their built-in Video Series to deliver your course.
- Typography: You can change the theme and fonts; that’s a big plus.
- Membership Plugin Integrations: It integrates with the major membership plugins.
- Beautiful Design & Layout: The theme comes with 4-pre-designed page layouts ready for you that look great right out of the box.
- Technical Support: You have the entire Course Cats support team available via email to help you with any issues.
- Blog pages: Coursecats has designed the blog to be simple, elegant, and effective.
Course Cats Pros:
- Users have control of a typical WordPress site that allows them to install plugins and edit the code for better SEO performance.
- A good Technical Support team
- A guide on how to set up your course
Course Cats Cons:
- There is no mobile phone support.
Course Cats Pricing:
- Most Popular – $59/month (billed annually).
- Best Deal – $497/month (billed annually).
Try it free for 30 days; cancel anytime.
Uscreen is the leading turn-key video content monetization platform that helps creators from different industries and interest groups sell their videos online. – The user-friendly, practical, and feature-packed video distribution platform allows content creators to distribute videos and course material to anyone globally, either as a one-time purchase, subscription, or rental.
It also enables you to launch your apps for mobile and TV devices without any commissions.
Uscreen helps businesses of all sizes upload and organize content using filters to facilitate online streaming. The platform lets teams add captions and subtitles, custom themes, and animated overlay GIFs to create episodes and set up trailers.
It also allows creators to adjust video speed, autoplay the following video, detect malicious bots, and process payments in multiple currencies on a centralized dashboard. You can monetize videos to distribute globally.
You can have your membership site produce and market your video content directly to your customers in a very simple-to-use way.
- Live Stream & Chat: Offer free, pay-per-view, or subscription, smooth & secure live stream.
- Video CMS: You can organize content into categories add tags & filters.
- Course Sale & Video Analytics: A fantastic way to know how your users engage with your content.
- Security & Privacy: Your videos, data, payment information, and other content are safe.
- Marketing Tools: Easy to use tools for marketing your business, no coding required.
- Community Features: Build and grow an entirely new community.
- Your Apps: Create a remarkable streaming experience for your audience on any device.
- Offers affordable prices
- Easy to customizable
- There are OTT features
- Analytics features for complete control of your customers’ data
- Marketing integrations with over 1000 apps directly from the platform
- Website and landing page builder.
- Incredible Pre-designed, mobile-friendly website themes.
- It uses Akamai, the same CDN as Youtube and Netflix use.
- It is easy to use
- No additional bandwidth, encoding, or streaming costs.
- There is a limited interface
- There are finite payment methods
- Doesn’t support ad-based video-on-demand monetization.
- Basic – $49/month (billed annually).
- Amplify – $399/month (billed annually).
- Amplify – custom (billed annually).
Start your 14 days free trial.
Muvi is an excellent cloud-based over-the-top (OTT) platform that allows content creators to build custom video-on-demand (VOD) and live streaming channels (video/audio) for the web, mobile devices, and television ecosystems instantly.
It takes care of everything End-to-End, including Online Video Player, IT Infrastructure, DRM to Website, and Apps for Mobile and TV.
This new video distribution network makes it possible to go beyond the web and share your work through mobile apps and even smart TVs. Using Over-the-Top (OTT) platforms, you can upload videos and create your apps in moments, effortlessly publishing your work through Roku, LG TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, iOS, Android, and more.
You can easily sell or share your educational videos online.
- Your Domain: Get an utterly white-labeled website using your domain name. There is no mention of Muvi anywhere.
- LG TV App: Get a native webOS app that works across all webOS devices of all screen sizes.
- Chromecast: Your Website & Android App now supports Chromecast Streaming.
- Multi-Currency: Accept payments in different currencies, including Bitcoins and Mobile Payments!
- Multiple Payment Gateways: You can integrate your Favourite Payment Gateway and accept money directly to your bank accounts!
- User Management: View the subscription status of your audience at your fingertips by setting relevant filters.
- Built-in CDN: It uses one of the leading CDNs in the industry – Amazon CloudFront, to syndicate your video and audio content across the world.
- User-Generated Content: Allow the end users to upload and publish self-generated video and audio content on your streaming platform.
- Templates: Choose from many responsive templates and customize them to reflect your brand.
- Built-in SEO Tools: You will get in-built SEO tools to better submit and optimize your content and videos on Search Engines like Google and Bing.
- Artificial Intelligence: AI is positioned to rise and reshape the streaming ecosystem.
- A robust cloud-hosted platform that supports live streaming, on-demand content (video/audio), and eCommerce services.
- Muvi is quick and easy setup; no coding is required.
- You can combine different content and monetization methods to suit your business.
- Set up your video streaming service without worrying about the technical aspect.
- Gain complete control over your video streaming contents using a content management system that gives users full control over the content.
- Monetize your video streaming service. This enables you to set up and implement any video-on-demand business model.
- Limited website templates. Visual editor can be improved.
- Limited marketing functionality.
- There is no easy way to integrate with external email marketing providers (such as MailChimp and AWeber)
- Sometimes the CMS workflow can be confusing.
- Standard – $399/month (billed annually).
- Professional – $1499/month (billed annually).
- Enterprise – $3900/month (billed annually).
- Ultimate – $8900/month (billed annually).
Start your 14 Days Free Trial! (No credit card required)
Top Online Course Software LMS (learning management system) for WordPress Users ($13.25/month)
LearnDash is a WordPress learning management system plugin and the platform you need to sell courses with a WordPress site.
It is one of the most popular premium WordPress LMS plugins in the market. This popular WordPress LMS plugin is used by some big websites.
Currently, it is being used by many companies and prestigious universities—for example, Yoast, Infusionsoft, the University of Michigan, and WP Elevation.
One of their helpful features is their “Focus Mode,” which blocks all distractions when students run through a course.
With LearnDash, you can design, promote, and sell online courses. Another best feature it offers is speed and its drag-and-drop course builder, which makes online course creation both easy and enjoyable.
All LearnDash plans come with the ability to create unlimited courses, an unlimited amount of students, quizzes, and course completion certificates.
- A branded learning portal with WordPress functionalities.
- Sell courses using different payment methods (membership, onetime payment, etc.).
- You can set up a course marketplace like Udemy and allow people to buy licenses in bulk.
- Gain complete control over your members and check their corresponding performances.
- Use the up-to-date tech, programs (SCORM, Tin Can API), and media on your site easily.
- It provides eight different types of questions, custom messages, and more.
- Arrange courses according to course order.
- This site can be synced with the LearnDash quiz.
- It enables you to hint in text, video, and image to users.
- You can award anyone who successfully passes the quiz.
- It allows users to review questions and answers.
- It helps you send quiz results to the users, group leader, or admin.
- Distinctive course elements
- Advanced quizzing options and a flexible quiz builder
- Monetization options and course management tools
- Mass emailing option
- Third-Party Extension Marketplace
- Automation Rules through Engagement Triggers
- Advanced Features (Drip Content, etc.)
- Tons of Video Content Support
- An excellent Front-End Learning Experience
- A user-Friendly Drag-and-Drop Builder
- The interface can be intimidating at first
- Some overhead costs
- Limited Built-In Payment Options
- Limited Built-In Membership Options
- PRO PACKAGE – $329/month (billed annually).
- PLUS PACKAGE – $189/month (billed annually).
- BASIC – $159/month (billed annually).
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
AccessAlly is a WordPress learning management system (LMS) online course creator that has been tried and tested by millions of users.
The plugin comes with everything you need to design, structure, and sell your online course through a WordPress site. This includes a drag-and-drop course builder, student quizzes, Coupons, and gamification, to name just a few.
You can also easily see your student’s progress, quizzes, and assessments. This is very important if you want to guide them with their lessons.
It is compatible with numerous email marketing platforms, such as Active Campaign and ConvertKit.
Pricing your online course can come in different forms, including one-time payments and subscription plans. There is an option to create gift cards, a unique twist for online course platforms.
AccessAlly is perfect if you want something simple and easy to use to help you get started.
Course badges and certificates can also be awarded to your students to encourage them to finish the course.
You can upload different media types to the platform to entice your students.
- 1-Click Upsells & Order Bumps: Sell more without customers re-entering payment details.
- Coupons: Create regular coupons, timed promotions, and deadline coupons.
- Live or Dripped Courses: Unlock modules based on a set schedule, progress, or a dripped release.
- Badges: Give students badges for completing courses.
- Login Follow-Up: Keep track of students who haven’t logged in recently to bring them back.
- Individual Coaching Portal Pages: A single portal for all your coaching students to get their unique information.
- Conversion Focused Order Forms: Choose your order form style, change colors, add custom fields, and start selling.
- Recurring Payments with PayPal & Stripe: You have access to recurring payments, installment plans, and upgrade or downgrade plans.
- Trial Offers: Use free trials to get more students or paid trial periods to win them over.
- Secure File Hosting: Protect files based on users’ access, and upload them locally or to Amazon S3.
- 3 Quiz Types: Create pass and fail quizzes, assessments and personality tests, or scoring tests.
- Assignment Submissions: Students can upload assignments and get feedback.
- Private Notes: There is a place for personal note-taking or turning on questions and answers.
- Autogenerated Certificates: You can upload a blank PDF for your certificates that will auto-fill with students’ names.
- Points & Gamification: Design a points system and have members unlock bonuses.
- Easy to install into a WordPress site
- A simple drag and drop interface
- It Allows e-commerce integration
- You can efficiently run an affiliate program
- Accessally is an integrated online course, subscriptions, and membership plugin.
- It has incredible features for billing and selling your online courses.
- A staggering CRM Integration for marketing your online courses on autopilot.
- Extensive content blocks to work with Gutenberg.
- It only functions with WordPress sites
- Limited customization options
- Quite expensive in comparison to other WordPress LMS plugins.
- There are no pre-built templates for your course pages.
- AccessAlly Essentials – $82/month (billed annually).
- AccessAlly Pro – $108/month (billed annually).
- AccessAlly In-House Training – $208/month (billed annually).
Full 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Summary and Top Picks
There are tons of different online course software options available in the market, and I know that selecting the right one can be overwhelming.
I recommend that you keep it simple! You should first decide the type of online course platform you will use based on your requirements, budget, and tech skills.
When choosing between the best online course platforms, remember to do your research: consider the student experience and marketing features.
The best online course platforms let you easily upload your content, provide training assistance for your students, and generate course sales. They also offer online course creation tools and features for online teaching.
The success of your course and ability to sell courses online is based on both the quality of your content and how well you can market them.
Course creation needs market research, planning, development, and, most importantly, marketing.
Here are my final top picks:
- Thinkific: The Best Online Course Platform
- Teachable: The Best for Beginners
- Learnworlds: The Best for Interactive Learning
- Kajabi: The Best for Businesses and High-End Information
If you’re ready to start creating and selling online courses, I recommend choosing Thinkific. It has all the high-end features you need at the most affordable price.
Which platform do you think is fantastic and will work the best for you? Leave a comment below and let me know.
We also have an article that covers the best online learning platforms such as LinkedIn Learning, shaw academy, Khan academy, etc.